Anise Star Essential Oil
ANISE STAR Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Illicium verum
Anethole: ≥ 87.0%
Plant Part: Seeds
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A light colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: Anise Star has a powerful and licorice-like scent, giving a strong top note.
Product Abstract: A small to medium evergreen tree of the magnolia family, reaching up to 8m (26ft). The fruits are harvested before they ripen, then sun dried. Tough-skinned and rust colored, the seed pods measure up to 3 cm long. The Japanese plant this tree in their temples and on tombs and use the pounded bark as incense. This essential oil may solidify, and if so, must be heated to be brought back to a liquid state. This attests to the purity of the oil.
- relaxes cramping, settles digestion, increases absorption in the intestines, promotes normal peristalsis, assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- increases milk flow in nursing mothers, promotes and regulates menstruation
- warming and drying, increases Qi, replenishes deficiency, uplifting, comforting
- neutralizes microbes, neutralizes insects
- soothes sore muscles, tendons and joints, diminishes swelling, relaxes cramping
- aids in the expulsion of mucous, stimulates the bronchi
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
NOTE: This oil may form crystals during transit or storage. Gentle warming in a hot water bath and stirring may be required.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.