Aniseed Essential Oil
Aniseed Essential Oil - Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Pimpinella anisum
Plant Part: Seeds
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
An annual herb native to Greece and Egypt and also cultivated in India, China, Mexico and Spain, Anise stands less than a meter high with delicate leaves and small white flowers. This Aniseed essential oil is steam distilled from the seeds of Anise.
ABOUT THE OIL
Anise Seed essential oil is warm and spicy, distilled from the common kitchen spice. The oil is often used interchangeably with that of Star Anise, both oils derive their primary therapeutic effect from trans-anethole. This is the natural constituent with the familiar licorice-like aroma similar to fennel, though sweeter. Its seeds are used as flavoring in pastries, candy and curry dishes.
Essential oil of Aniseed is colorless to pale yellow with a fresh, spicy-sweet characteristic scent. Like Star Anise, it is a good masking agent. It is considered a middle note and blends well with Black Pepper, Ginger, Lavender, Orange, Pine and Rose.
- relaxes cramping, settles digestion, increases absorption in the intestines, promotes normal peristalsis and assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- neutralizes microbes, neutralizes insects
- soothes sore muscles, tendons and joints, diminishes swelling and relaxes cramping
- increases milk flow in nursing mothers, promotes and regulates menstruation
- aids in the expulsion of mucous, stimulates the bronchi
- warming and drying, increases Qi, replenishes deficiency, uplifting, comforting
Safety Information: Various precautions for those with hypersensitive skin or with skin problems. Tisserand and Young recommend a dermal maximum of 1.75%. They indicate that it may inhibit blood clotting and that it is contraindicated in pregnancy, breastfeeding, endometriosis and estrogen-dependent cancers. Avoid use with children under 5. Avoid use of the oil if it has oxidized.
Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.