Balsam Peru Essential Oil
BALSAM PERU Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Myroxylon balsamum
Country of Origin: India
**This item will be discontinued once it is sold out**
Balsam of Peru, or Peru Balsam oil, is the more stimulating cousin of Copaiba Balsam. This essential oil is beautiful and rich, due to the perfection of its distillation.
This truly rich, earthy, balsamic and slightly sweet oil has been steam distilled from the tree's res-in under high vacuum. This means the boiling point of the water, and the temperature of the steam itself, is much lower than at standard atmospheric pressure. This helps retain the delicate aroma of this lovely oil.
The aroma is very uplifting and can aid in times of nervous tension to help one relax and decompress.
- neutralizes microbes, helps heal burns and wounds, encourages cell regeneration, neutralizes fungi, reduces redness, diminishes swelling, neutralizes insects/parasites, deters insects
Indicated for: dry and chapped skin and lips, dry eczema, slow to heal wounds, ulcers, hemorrhoids, bedsores, and rashes
- supports and stimulates the immune system
- aids in the expulsion of mucous, stimulates the bronchi
- relaxes cramping, soothes sore muscles, tendons and joints, diminishes swelling
- decreases blood circulation
- uplifts, improves mood, promotes sleep, calms the nervous system, lessens anxiety, reduces stress
- Like other balsams it is warming, opening and comforting.
direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- massage, compress, bath, skincare
Apply topically for skin care and natural perfumery. Be sure to test a small area first to check your skin's sensitivity to the oil – it may create sensitivity over time if used neat.
For natural perfumery fractionated coconut oil is the carrier of choice.
Generally non-toxic. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
Dilute prior to use; possible skin sensitizer. The crude balsam is well known to cause allergies, but the distilled oil is free of allergens.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.