BLACK PEPPER Essential Oil
BLACK PEPPER Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Piper Nigrum
Plant Part: Dried Berries
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin colorless to pale greenish yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Black Pepper Essential Oil has a sharp, spicy scent faintly reminiscent of Clove.
This essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, known for their antioxidant activity* and ability to help ward off environmental and seasonal threats. Black Pepper promotes healthy circulation,* but should be used with caution when applied topically due to its strong warming sensation.
- Create a warming, soothing massage by combining one to two drops with carrier oil.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings.
- Take one to two drops in veggie caps daily when seasonal threats are high.*
- Add to meats, soups, entrees, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.*
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Carrier Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Cautions: Dilute well before use. Using too much of this oil could over-stimulate the kidneys. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
- Provides antioxidant support
- Supports healthy circulation
- Aids digestion
- Enhances food flavor
- Soothes anxious feelings
Black pepper is also good in warming liniment formulas for GENERAL aches as well as poor circulation in muscles and joints. It is included in many massage blends to increase blood flow.
It can help with tooth aches, in a similar manner to Clove oil.
May be applied to the bottoms of the feet, or elsewhere on the body when diluted in a carrier oil.
Black pepper oil helps us ‘get a move on' at times when our lives feel stuck.
Generally Black Pepper oil is non-toxic and non-sensitizing, yet in high concentrations it can irritate skin. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a physician prior to use.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.