Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil - Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
Plant Part: Wood
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, golden yellow to orange or brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of strong aroma, Cedarwood Essential Oil - Atlas has a woody, sweet, scent that is sharper than Virginian Cedarwood, and slightly reminiscent of mothballs.
Product Abstract: Cedarwood is a pyramid-shaped majestic evergreen tree, which grows up to 131 ft. high. The wood itself is hard and strongly aromatic because of the essential oil it contains, which is obtained by steam distillation. Originating in the Atlas Mountains in North Africa, linen chests were frequently crafted from Cedar. The ancient Egyptians prized the oil, mostly for embalming purposes, but also for cosmetics and perfumery, and Solomon's Temple was built with Cedar Wood. Today, closet liners and accessories are frequently crafted from Cedar, and the oil is currently used in commercial soaps, cosmetics and perfumes, especially men's colognes.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Use in diffuser with other wood or needle oils to create a warm, positive atmosphere, act as an insect repellent or as a decongestant for the chest and lungs.
- massage, compress, bath, sitz bath, douche, SKIN CARE
- Apply diluted in a carrier oil topically to: balance oily skin, improve acne, improve skin tone, lessen dandruff and seborrhea of the scalp, and act as an insect repellent. Cedar may also have a positive effect on hair loss.
- The aroma of Atlantic Cedarwood is brighter (a little more prominent in the higher notes) and smells more like a traditional cedar chest, while Himalayan Cedarwood is softer (fuller in the middle notes). We also carry Texan and Virginian Cedarwoods, which are actually from the Juniper family though they also have distinct Cedarwood aromas.
- Generally non-toxic, non-sensitizing and non-irritant. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
- Not to be used during pregnancy.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.