Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil
Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil - Pure, Therapeutic Grade
Botanical Name: Litsea cubeba
Plant Part: Fruit
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow to yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a medium aroma, Litsea Cubeba has a crisp, citrus smell. It has been compared to Lemongrass and Lemon Verbena, but it is sweeter than Lemongrass without the musty note, and more accurately citrus in its scent than Melissa.
ABOUT THE PLANT
May Chang is a small tropical tree with fragrant, lemongrass-scented leaves and flowers. The small fruits are shaped like peppers. Native to east Asia, especially China, Litsea cubeba is cultivated in Taiwan and Japan. China is the main producer of the oil, much of which is used by the Chinese themselves.
ABOUT THE OIL
May Chang essential oil is also commonly referred to by the tree's botanical name: Litsea. The essential oil is steam distilled from the fruit of a small tropical tree native to eastern Asia. Also known as mountain pepper, exotic verbena, and tropical verbena, the tree is known for its scented flowers and foliage, and small berries shaped like peppers. The aroma is often compared to Lemongrass, though it is considered by many to be finer, and may be the better choice from a purely aromatic standpoint.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- The calming effects of May Chang may be helpful for those in need of deep sleep. The oil can blend well with Roman Chamomile and Lavender essential oils for this purpose. This blend can be massaged on the feet, used in a bath or in a diffuser.
- massage, compress, bath, skincare
- May Chang may be a real treasure, and significantly underused. Its antimicrobial properties are easily employed in blends for oily skin and acne care: use up to 5% in an astringent carrier oil such as Hazelnut or Grapeseed. It has a gentle cooling effect, and acts as an excellent overall skin tonic.
- Other uses include support of digestion and reducing flatulence; a low concentration belly massage formula in any carrier oil may be effective. The essential oil is also thought to help with excessive perspiration and deodorization.
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing, However, it may cause skin sensitivity in some individuals. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.