Myrrh Essential Oil (India)
MYRRH Essential Oil (India)
THIS ITEM WILL NOT BE RESTOCKED WHEN SOLD OUT. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
Monoterpene and Sesqueterpene: 62 - 67%
Plant Part: Resin
Processing Method: Solvent Extraction using Benzyl Benzoate
Description / Color / Consistency: A medium to viscous, dark brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Myrrh Resinoid has a warm, rich, spicy balsamic odor.
Note: We would recommend placing the bottle in a very hot water bath, and changing the water frequently until it is back to its liquid state. Be sure to shake before use.
Myrrh essential oil is highly prized for both its healing and spiritual abilities; it has one of the highest sesquiterpene contents. Sesquiterpene is a compound that can directly affect the hypothalamus, pituitary and amygdala.
Myrrh trees, native to northern India and North Africa, grow up to 10 meters in height, have sturdy, knotted branches, trifoliate aromatic leaves, and produce small white flowers. The trunk exudes a natural oleoresin when pierced, and the pale yellow liquid hardens into reddish-brown droplets known as Myrrh. Only a certain amount of the resin is taken from each tree to ensure their continued health.
- Myrrh essential oil is wonderfully suited to individuals prone to overthinking, worry, and mental distraction. It is used as a meditation aid and can be used to strengthen the base chakra as well as create a bridge between heaven and earth, connecting all the chakras. Especially valuable for people who feel emotionally or spiritually stuck and want to move forward in their lives, it allows manifestation of dreams into the earthly realm
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- massage, compress, bath, douche, ointment, skincare
- Used neat, as a single essence, or in combination (with Sandalwood and Frankincense), Myrrh can anoint the 'third eye' as a meditation or yoga aid. Apply to the temples or center of the forehead for spiritual opening.
- Myrrh essential oil is a non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritant. Many physicians in ancient medicine considered it an aborti-facient, and even though this has not been proven true, it is strongly recommended that it not be used during pregnancy.
Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.