Rose Oil - 3% Dilution Essential Oil
ROSE Oil - 3% Dilution Essential Oil in a Jojoba Base Oil
Botanic Name: Rosa damascena
Rose Essential Oil has the most diverse therapeutic properties of all essential oils. Most aromatherapists agree that rose oil is effective at all times of life for the soul, spirit and body; in fact, it is thought to have the 'highest vibration' of all the essential oils.
ABOUT THE OIL
Three main products are obtained from roses: an essential oil, a concrete, and an absolute. The essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the whole flowers, the concrete by solvent extraction of the leaves and flowers, and an absolute by further extracting the concrete. Not considered a main product, but rather a by-product, rosewater is the aqueous portion of steam distillation after the Rose oil is removed. While there are thousands of rose varieties, the 'Damask' rose, cultivated since the 16th century, is considered to produce the finest quality essence. The aroma of this oil is full and rich, intoxicating and aphrodisiac.
Rose Essential Oil–or Rose Otto–is the steam distilled essential oil of rose petals. 'Otto' is the term used to differentiate the steam distilled essential oil from the 'Absolute'. Although the making of Rose Absolute is more efficient than steam distillation (producing nearly seven pounds of oil per 10,000 pounds of roses while distillation yields only one pound of oil per 10,000 pounds of roses) and has a correspondingly lower cost than the steam distilled oils, many aromatherapists and natural perfumers prefer the essential oil to the absolute.
Rose oil has an extraordinarily complex chemistry, with over 300 known constituents, which make up about 86% of the whole. The remaining 14% comprises a large number of different compounds, each in minuscule amounts, but they are vital to the whole oil, both from the point of view of its aroma and its therapeutic properties.
- Rose calms and supports the heart, helping to nourish 'heart yin' and restore a sense of well–being. The key to its profound psychological properties is its effect on the center of emotional being; Rose has a great ability to bring balance and harmony to the emotions, heal emotional wounds, comfort in times of sorrow, dissolve psychological pain, aid in overcoming insecurities, and help release negative emotions such as anger, despair, frustration, fear and anxiety.
- It is the supreme oil of the heart chakra and will help the heart chakra to open when grief has caused it to close down. Also connected to the sacral chakra, Rose helps to spiritualize sexual relationships. As it opens the heart it opens doors to love, friendship, and empathy and compassion.
- Rose also works amazingly well for deep anxiety and low mood. Rose is very comforting to the mind, especially in cases of feeling alienated. Gabriel Mojay states that Rose is "recommended for a loss of self–esteem of the very deepest kind–where emotional pain has injured the capacity for self–love . . . particularly for the resentment that results from emotional coldness, rejection and betrayal."
- Rose is elevating to the mind and spirit encouraging feelings of happiness and contentment and bringing warmth to the soul. It is considered the essential oil with the 'highest vibration'.
Oil of Rose can be utilized in a number of ways; it is very gentle, being suitable for use on the skin 'neat' in massage oil and in a bath, as well as in a diffuser. As a perfume, the absolute can be worn directly on the skin – its 'tenacious' quality will have the aroma slowly released for many hours.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- One of our all–time bestsellers, Rose is diffused to bring its magical scent to a room or house. Uplifting and stimulating for the mind and relaxing and soothing simultaneously, a very small amount goes a long way to bringing its fantastic qualities into one's life.
- massage, compress, bath, skincare
- Skin Care is the second most popular use of Rose absolute after perfumery. It is balancing and moisturizing and can be added in small amounts to any skin cream (especially homemade!). Rose is great for all skin types, especially dry, sensitive, aging and couperose skin. A 5% dilution in Jojoba oil works best.
- Massage a dilution of 10% Rose oil in jojoba into the heart area for therapeutic use on the emotions. A diffuser is very effective for this purpose as well.
- Add a few drops to baths (after the tub is full, so as to not release all the aroma before one has gotten in!).
- Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
- If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.