Orange Sweet Essential Oil
SWEET ORANGE Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Plant Part: Fruit Peel
Processing Method: Cold Pressed
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, yellowish orange to golden brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Orange Essential Oil has a sweet, citrus smell like the orange peels from which it is derived, but more intense and concentrated.
Product Abstract: Orange is derived from an evergreen tree. It is smaller than the bitter orange tree, and less hardy with fewer or no spines. The fruit itself has a sweet pulp with no bitter membrane. It is believed that sweet orange was brought to Europe by the Arabs in the First century along with the bitter orange.
About the Oil:
Sweet Orange essential oil is brightly fragrant and refreshingly sweet, uplifting the emotions and the mind and considered to be one of the best all–around oils for the digestive system.
Good for everyone, Sweet Orange oil is especially great for children. They love the fresh scent and benefit most in times of stress and upset tummies.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, steam inhalation
- Orange oil brightens a room and helps to cleanse the air of microbes.
- Paramount among orange oil's many beneficent properties is its effect on the mental and emotional systems. Well–known for its uplifting and worry–reducing properties, orange oil carries cheerfulness while simultaneously calms, making it ideal as an overall mood enhancer and relaxant. Its balancing effect on the mind and body, and its warming and joyful qualities benefit people of all ages. Its broad aromatic appeal renders it an excellent choice for diffusing in diverse groups.
- massage, compress, bath, ointment, skincare
- Add to skincare blends for mature skin, cellulite, dry skin, irritations, acne, and rough or calloused skin.
- Because of its potential phototoxic effects, it should always be diluted, and dermal applications avoided before exposure to sunlight.
- For stomach and digestive upset apply orange oil singly in a carrier or in a blend and rub directly onto the stomach.
- Orange essential oil has a refreshingly sweet, bright citrus aroma.
- Orange oil is a lovely to blend with. It goes particularly well with spice oils such as Clove as well as Lavender and Frankincense.
- Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.