Wintergreen Essential Oil - India
WINTERGREEN Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Gaultheria Procumbens
Plant Part: Leaves
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Wintergreen Essential Oil has s beautiful, fresh, sweet, minty aroma and is primarily used topically for muscle and joint relief. It is to be used in small amounts, with caution, and for a short duration: this oil is powerful, and a little goes a long way. See also Birch Bark.
About Wintergreen: Wintergreen is the name of a plant that remains green even during the winter. The scientific name of this plant is Gaultheria Procombens and is native to North America, where the Native Americans discovered the use of its oil to eliminate pain in muscles and joints.
- Wintergreen oil helps to clear the mind and is grounding.
- diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Diffusing Wintergreen essential oil in your home can improve mental alertness. It also acts as a natural antidepressant and will reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Diffuse for respiratory benefits.
- Use infrequently and in small amounts.
- massage, compress, skincare
- The essential oil of Wintergreen is made up almost exclusively of methyl salicylate, a precursor to common aspirin. Salicylates pass through the skin, entering the tissues to inhibit the formation of prostaglandins, thereby reducing inflammation and pain.
- For skincare, Wintergreen can be used directly on acneic blemishes in a 10% concentration, but must be avoided elsewhere on the skin of the face.
- To ease the discomfort of sore muscles, tendons and joints Wintergreen can be added up to a 10% concentration to a carrier oil and massaged into afflicted areas. In this concentration it can also be added to formulas for joint and muscle pain.
- Use infrequently, in small amounts, and heavily diluted. NEVER use on children.
- NEVER ingest!
- Wintergreen essential oil is fresh, minty, and intensely sweet with woody, herbaceous undertones.
- Wintergreen essential oil blends well with Oregano, Peppermint, Spearmint, Thyme and Ylang Ylang.
- Toxic, irritant and sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not use if are allergic to aspirin.
- Do not use if you are on a blood thinner; compounds containing salicylates such as Wintergreen potentiate blood-thinning drugs such as warfarin.
- Do not use on children.
- Use only in topical dilutions of 25% or less to limit the transdermal absorption levels. Wintergreen oil can be absorbed transdermally in sufficient quantity to cause poisoning in humans.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.
We Also Recommend
"With god all things are possible" Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace
Angel Wings Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace