Cajeput Essential Oil
Cajeput Essential Oil- Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Melaleuca cajeputi
Plant Part: Leaves and Twigs
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colorless to pale yellow clear liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: Cajeput Essential Oil has a fresh, camphorous aroma resembling the combined fragrances of camphor, rosemary, and cardamom, with a slight fruity note; a middle note with a medium strength aroma.
Product Abstract: Cajeput is a small tree with a soft, thick, spongy, ash-colored bark and scattered branches, with the slender twigs often drooping like the weeping willow (Salix babylonica). The leaves are from 3 to 5 inches long, and very aromatic when bruised. Cajeput being the Indonesian for 'white wood', it is part of the Melaleuca family and is used much in the same way as its cousin, Tea Tree.
- reduces swelling of the intestines, relaxes cramping, soothes colic
- stimulates the immune system, neutralizes microbes
- quells irritation, ,eases discomfort, decreases unpleasant sensory experiences, relieves the sensation of itching, encourages sweating, assists the body's natural eliminatory response, relieves muscular tension and aching joints, lessens headaches due to congestion, reduces temperature
- eases discomfort, decreases unpleasant sensory experiences, soothes sore and stiff muscles, tendons and joints, diminishes swelling
- strengthens the nervous system, helps alleviate stress and nervous tension, decreases fatigue, drowsiness and restlessness
- reduces the production of mucous, cleanses congested nasal passages, neutralizes microbes, reduces the discomfort of sore throat
- reduces sebum production for oily skin
- hot, stimulating, for cold and deficient conditions
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporiser, steam inhalation
Similar to Eucalyptus, Cajeput can be used in a steam inhalation preparation, supporting clearing of the sinus and nasal passages and jump starting the immune system. May support relief from a sore throat and may generally assist in clearing up mucus from the bronchial passages. Also diffuse to cleanse and purify the air.
- massage, compress, bath, ointment, skin care
Cajeput essential oil makes an excellent addition to massage blends both for sports and for arthritic and rheumatic applications. It has moderate warming properties and is noted to soothe and relax muscles and joints.
Add to sports and arthritis massage formulas at concentrations between 1 and 5%. Excellent in conjunction with Marjoram, Helichrysum, and Ginger.
Other topical applications include use as a chest rub for cold care and immune system support.
Use a trace amount to quiet itchy spots from insect bites.
It can be ingested in lozenge form to soothe sore throats or in dilution to aid relief of respiratory and urinary infections and to loosen chest or lung congestion.
Cajeput essential oil has an absolutely wonderful stimulating aroma. Like Eucalyptus, it has softer fruit notes and is not as full-bodied. The oil seems to combine many of the traits of Tea Tree and Eucalyptus into one oil.
If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult a physician.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.