Cardamom Essential Oil
Cardamom Essential Oil - Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Elettaria cardamomum
Plant Part: Seeds
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a strong aroma, Cardamom Essential Oil is sweet, spicy and almost balsamic in fragrance.
Cardamom oil known as the Queen of Spices comes from a Perennial herb that grows wild and tended in India while they are organically grown in Costa Rica. The plant grows to 4 meters high with long, green glossy blades. The flowers are slight yellow in color with a violet tip similar to ginger. The fruit which contains the seeds comes after the flower and they are gray in color and oblong shaped. The healing power of Cardamom oil was greatly benefited by the ancient Greeks and Romans to relieve nausea, bloating, and indigestion while the Egyptians used it to clean their mouths, teeth and gums. The fragrant flavor is used in their cooking and wine making that's why it was one of the most adored spices in the world
This essential oil is one of the delightful surprises in our collection. An interesting aromatic for the perfumer, it is also often requested by those making flavored syrups for coffee and other drinks. Therapeutically revered as a digestive tonic, Cardamom essential oil is also a potent aphrodisiac.
Uses and Benefits
- It aids in dyspepsia, colic, stomach acidity and nausea, including the nausea due to
- Soothes digestive upset, uplifts and refreshes.
- A natural remedy for impotence and low sexual response
- Supports healthy memory function
- Fights urinary infections
- Decreases stress and anxiety
- Its digestive properties increase its use against parasites, dysentery and diarrhea.
- The warming, antiseptic, and camphorous features of cardamom helps ease cough, congestion, and pulmonary infections
- Cardamom essential oil can be applied topically as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.