Bergamot Bergaptene Free ( Calabrian ) Essential Oil
Bergamot Bergaptene Free ( Calabrian ) Essential Oil - Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia
Linalyl acetate: 26.79%
Plant Part: Fruit Peel
Processing Method: Cold Pressed
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, light yellowish green to yellowish brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: The aroma is basically citrus, yet fruity and sweet with a warm spicy floral quality, and is reminiscent of Neroli, giving a middle note of medium strength.
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used Bergamot for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings. It is also purifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect.
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with a Carrier Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Bergamot can be used orally for help with halitosis (bad breath), canker sores, sore throats. Note that only one to five drops are ever used at any one time, and not for long periods. Because it is from the peel of a fruit, it is generally safer in this regard than other oils.
Cautions: Dilute well before use; May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.