Davana Essential Oil
Davana Essential Oil – Pure, Therapeutic Grade
Botanical Name: Artemisia pallens
Davana essential oil is extracted from the leaves and flowers of davana plant (Artemisia Pallens) through the process of steam distillation the herb is originally grown in India and the old Indians had been using davana for religious purposes and numerous health benefits such as diabetes mellitus and high blood pressure. Today it is widely used in treating mental disorders, nervous problems, depression, cough, cold, measles and infections. The flowers, stem and leaves of this plant are used as an effective antiseptic and disinfectant for quick treatment of wounds, cuts and infectious ailments such as cough, cold and measles.
- The oil is burnt orange in color
- It has rich, sweet fruity aroma
Uses of Davana Oil
- The oil is used to stimulate the endocrine system, and its antimicrobial property helps protect wound from infection and tetanus
- It also regulates menstruation while it relieves restlessness, nausea, and cramps
- Mix davana oil with a carrier oil and rub into abdomen, front and back for flu, colds and cough relief
- The oil is said to aid in enhancing skin health and promotes relaxation
- Davana essential oil is used in perfumery for its unique aroma and its fixative properties
- Davana oil is also used to calm the brain and the nervous system
- Davana Oil also relieves depression and anxiety as the scent is very comforting
- As an anti-inflammatory, it makes great massage oil.
- It also regulates menstruation while it relieves restlessness, nausea, and cramps.
Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant, use under a doctor's care.
Davana oil should be used in small concentrations within your blends as it is high in ketones; if not sufficiently diluted, it may sensitize or irritate skin. Ketones are resistant to being metabolized by the liver. Those with liver diseases should use only very small amounts of oils high in ketones. A general rule is to use only 1% of Ketones in a 1 ounce blend.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.