Elemi Essential Oil
ELEMI Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Canarium commune
Plant Part: Resin
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, it can be best described by comparing it to a dill pickle with citrus notes. It is surprisingly fresh and clean, and not as tart as one would expect.
Product Abstract: Closely related to the trees that give us Frankincense and Myrrh, Elemi exudes an exotic, fragrant resin when its leaves are sprouting. This yellow resin, similar to Frankincense and Muhuhu, has a strong woody scent, which solidifies when it comes into contact with the air. Elemi is known locally as pili, and the gum is exported from the Philippines. It has been used as a substitute for Frankincense, which has been used throughout the civilized world since ancient times.
Health Benefits of Elemi Oil
- The calming property of elemi oil lifts the spirit, making the oil extremely helpful for stress related Elemi essential oil is calming and lifts the spirit, so is especially useful for stress-reduction and alleviate nervous exhaustion to provide peaceful feelings
- The oil has antiseptic property that is incredibly helpful in healing skin problems and aids in the healing of cuts and wounds
- It is very helpful in cases of chest infections, catarrh, sinusitis and bronchitis - the expectorant and antiviral properties come into play here.
- The oil can reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, helps eliminate scars, pimple marks and acne while improving skin tone
- Elemi essential oil is used as a massage blend applied onto reflex points on the feet
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.