Jasmine Grandiflorum Absolute
JASMINE Grandiflorum Absolute
Botanical Name: Jasminum grandiflorum
Plant Part: Flowers
Extraction Method: Solvent Extraction
Description: Jasmine Grandiflorum is a beautiful plant; its flowers bloom in the early dawn as opposed to Jasmine Sambac that blooms in the evening.
Common Uses: Jasmine Grandiflorum Absolute has a sensual, soothing fragrance that promotes a sense of harmony.
Strength of Aroma: Strong
Aromatic Scent: Jasmine Grandiflorum Absolute has a smooth, extremely intense floral smell that is both sweet and lingering.
History: Since ancient times, Jasmine has been referred to as the King of oils (Rose is the Queen). Apparently, this is because Jasmine is the most masculine of all the floral oils. It is also interesting to note that it takes 8,000 carefully hand-picked blossoms to produce 1 gram (about 1 ml.) of Jasmine Absolute.
Jasmine blossoms cannot be effectively steam distilled, so they are extracted by solvent to create a highly concentrated absolute. A tiny bit goes a very long way.
- Dry Skin
- Labor Pains
- Sensitive Skin
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, steam inhalation
- When inhaled, jasmine is beneficial to the lungs as well as the mind, heart and spirit.
- massage, compress, bath, skincare
- Jasmine holds a special place in skin care and it often used for dry, sensitive skin. It can be added to creams, oils, shampoos, mists and facial masks. It is also a gentle toner of upset or reddened skin, and can be used to support fresh, dewy glowing complexions.
- Used in a bath it can ease the tension of the day.
- Massaged on, jasmine is soothing to overworked and uncomfortable muscles.
- To ease stress and pains during childbirth, dilute in a carrier oil and massage into the abdomen and lower back. This action may also aid with the expulsion of the placenta after delivery and speed recovery time.
- Jasmine absolute can be worn as a fragrance, but should be diluted in a neutral carrier oil to allow the aroma to be released over a longer period of time.
Cautions: It is important to note that all absolutes are extremely concentrated by nature. They should not be evaluated in this state unless you are accustomed to the undiluted fragrance. For those trying Absolutes for the first time, we strongly recommend they be evaluated in dilution. Otherwise, the complexity of the fragrance - particularly the rare and exotic notes - becomes lost.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.