Lavandin Grosso Essential Oil
LAVANDIN Grosso Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Lavandula hybrida
Linalyl acetate: 31.4%
Plant Part: Flowers
Processing Method: Steam Distillation
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a strong aroma, Lavandin Oil has a strong, somewhat piercing, camphor-like smell with some light, floral undertones characteristic of Lavender.
Product Abstract: Lavandin is an aromatic evergreen shrub that is much larger than true Lavender. An evergreen woody shrub growing to 3 feet high with green, narrow, linear leaves producing violet-blue flowers, the entire plant is covered with oil glands, which are in the star-shaped hairs that cover the plant. The flowering heads are more compressed with a dull, gray blue color. This hybrid apparently evolved naturally near the seas in Spain, Italy and France. It is now commercially produced in these same countries. Lavandin is used almost exclusively for scent. Many commercial manufacturers use both Lavandin Grosso and Lavandin Abrialis as replacements for Lavender 40/42, but they have a much rougher, camphorous scent. It is a popular choice among both aromatherapists and massotherapists for its constituents and pleasant floral scent.
Lavandin offers many of the same uses as True Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) but tends to be higher in camphor. Therefore, it can be a bit more stimulating than Lavender. Lavandin is a better choice for use for applications intended for respiratory, circulatory and muscular conditions.
Uses of Lavandin Grosso Oil
- Lavandin grosso oil is commonly used in soaps, detergents, lotions and hairspray
- It is an antiseptic agent; it is safe to apply cuts, burns, bruises and other skin ailments.
- Lavandin grosso oil helps ease muscle pain and headaches and acts as an anti-inflammatory as well as an analgesic
- The oil has antiviral and anti-fungal properties. This oil is also a powerful expectorant. It helps relieve mucus in the respiratory tract, thus treating coughs, colds and flu
- It also helps relieve some of the affliction of the skin such as dermatitis and psoriasis
- Lavandin Oil is known to help boosts self esteem, confidence, hope and mental strength. Its antidepressant property helps fights depression and reduce anxiety
Cautions: Due to the high content of camphor in this oil, please avoid it if under the care of a physician. Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.