Lime Essential Oil - Key Lime (Peru)
LIME Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Plant Part: Fruit Peel
Processing Method: Cold Pressed and then Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, yellowish green to greenish brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a medium aroma, it has a tart, fresh scent characteristic of the fruit.
Product Abstract: Also known as Key Lime, Citrus aurantifolia is a small evergreen tree that produces a small, sour fruit very similar to Lemon, and like lemon, has a high content of citric acid, but typically less ascorbic acid. This Lime has a strong, sweet fragrance. Historically, limes were brought back to Europe by Columbus. They were used to prevent sailors from developing scurvy, which is how the British, a sea-faring nation, earned the nickname 'Limey'.
Lime Essential Oil is one of the most affordable yet seldom used essential oil despite its countless uses. This oil is customarily used for its energizing, fresh and cheerful aroma and well known traditionally for its ability to cleanse, purify and renew the spirit and the mind. The essential oil of lime is extracted by cold compression of its fresh lime peels or by steam distillation of its dried peels. It's very well known oil for its importance in the production pickles, jams, marmalade, sauces, squash, sorbets, desserts, beverages, cosmetics and other industrial products.
- Lime essential oil is cooling.
- Cold-pressed and distilled lime are ideal for fatigue and a tired mind, especially in cases of apathy, anxiety and depression.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Immune supporting and cooling, lime oil can enhance the body's healing capacity and vitality during cold and flu season. Lime's refreshing yet not-too-sweet properties can assist with enhancing mental clarity and alertness and can also promote feelings of positivity, calm and harmony.
- massage, compress, bath, skincare
- Indicated for: oily skin, acne, cellulite, fluid retention
- Lime essential oil enhances circulation, assisting in the smoothing of adipose tissue.
- Note that like other citrus oils, cold pressed Lime may be photosensitizing.
- The cold-pressed oil has a great, sweet-tart citrus brightness, with an uplifting fruity middle note, and a cool, clean finish similar to that of the fresh fruit. There is also a steam-distilled version; the result offers a subtler, brighter, floral and less sweet oil.
This oil is non-toxic and non-irritating. As with other citrus oils, cold pressed Lime oil may be photo sensitizing, therefore exposure to sunlight should be limited for 24 hours where it has been applied to the skin. If ingesting for medicinal purposes, consultation with a physician is recommended. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.