Marjoram Essential Oil (Sweet)
Marjoram Essential Oil (Sweet) – Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Origanum marjorana
Plant Part: Flowers and Leaves
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Color: Colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Strength of Aroma: Medium
Aromatic Scent: Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil has a warm and spicy aroma, with a hint of nutmeg.
Cautions: Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil is generally non-toxic, non-irritating and non-sensitizing. Avoid use during pregnancy.
Marjoram sweet oil is extracted from the fresh and dried leaves of the marjoram plant using the process of steam distillation. This oil is known for its antiviral, anaphrodisiac, antispasmodic, antiseptic, analgesic, and carminative properties. It has also digestive, sedative, hypotensive and expectorant properties.
About Marjoram: The marjoram plant is commonly known as Knotted Marjoram and has a scientific name Origunum Marjorana – which is classified under the family of the Labiatae. The marjoram plant grows to a height up to 24 inches.Marjoram oil blends well with: lavender, rosemary, bergamot, the chamomiles, cypress, cedarwood, tea tree and eucalyptus.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, steam inhalation
- According to Tisserand, most of its functions center around the autonomic nervous systems. It stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system and lowers the sympathetic function.
- massage, compress, bath, ointment, skincare
- To relieve muscular stiffness and joint discomfort, Marjoram oil can be included in a massage blend at a 5% concentration and applied as frequently as desired.
- It is also highly recommended as a nerve tonic; dilute in a carrier oil and rub into the temples or the chest.
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
Do not use if pregnant. If using internally, consultation with a physician is recommended.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.