Myrtle Essential Oil
Myrtle Essential Oil – Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Myrtus communis
Plant Part: Leaves and twigs
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Color: Reddish brown
Strength of Aroma: Myrtle Essential Oil has a clear, fresh scent that is slightly camphoraceous – much like Eucalyptus Oil.
Also known as Corsican Pepper, the Myrtle tree is typically 3-7 meters in height with reddish brown bark, pointed leaves, and small white or pink flowers. Native to North Africa, the trees used for essential oil are cultivated in Corsica, Spain, Morocco, Italy and France.
Common Uses: Myrtle Essential Oil has common use as an astringent, antiseptic, vulnerary, bactericidal, expectorant and as a decongestant. Aromatherapy applications include usage to combat sore throats and coughs.
ABOUT THE OIL
This essential oil is of the communis variety (commonly referred to as 'green' Myrtle) and is revered in medicine because of its high 1,8 cineole content. Green Myrtle oil is also considered the most valued of the Myrtle varieties for use in aromatherapy as it has the most complex and pleasant aroma. Gentle and mild, Green Myrtle is an excellent choice for supporting the respiratory system, especially for use with children. Myrtle essential oil's aroma is thought to be elevating and euphoric with a clear, fresh, camphoraceous, sweet herbal scent somewhat similar to Eucalyptus.
Essential oil of Myrtle is also a natural astringent with balancing and harmonizing actions to the skin making it useful particularly for acne and oily skin.
- balances oil production
- neutralizes microbes
- firms and contracts exposed tissue
- reduces moisture loss
- tones and restores venous circulation
- promotes the healing of tissues
- quells irritation from environmental factors
- counteracts physical hypersensitivity
- maintains a normal response to typical allergens associated with everyday life
- Indicated for: oily skin, acne, hemorrhoids, large pores
- neutralizes microbes
- reduces the production of mucous
- aids in the expulsion of mucous
- stimulates the bronchi
- reduces the incidence and severity of diarrhea
- reduces the incidence and severity of vomiting and nausea
- stimulates the liver
- helps maintain healthy hormone balance
- promotes clear and focused thought
- promotes sleep
- calms the nervous system
- relieves stress
- improves mood
- Myrtle is thought to have a cleansing effect on the emotional body, especially to release blocks associated with the emotions. This may be helpful to those with addictive patterns they are working to transform.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Myrtle Essential Oil has a clear, fresh scent that is mildly camphoraceous, similar to that of Eucalyptus.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.