Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmeg (India) Essential Oil – Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
Sabinene: 14 - 32%
Myristicin: 1.8 - 3.2%
Plant Part: Seeds
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colourless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of medium aroma, Nutmeg's scent is soft, spicy, and woody with a slightly musky note.
About Nutmeg Tree
This is an evergreen tropical tree from the species Myristica Fragrans which is the source of all nutmeg that is used commercially. It can grow up to a height of sixty feet (eighteen meters) and has long feathery simple leaves. It produces the nutmeg which has a hard shell and when broken it reveals a fleshy golden fruit. The nutmeg tree is indigenous to the Banda Islands of Indonesia.
Myristicin is the primary aromatic compound of the volatile of nutmeg oil, derived from the dried ripe seed of M. fragrans. ... The advantage of this simple method is that it doesn't need organic solvents and it has high concentration result.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Diffuse for mental stimulation and to support the nervous system.
- massage, compress, bath, ointment, skincare
- Therapeutically, the oil is regarded as a digestive stimulant, it can be employed in a massage blend for the abdominal region and may help those with poor or weak digestive 'fire'.
- Nutmeg is an excellent choice for warming blends for joints and sore muscles. It may be combined with Ginger for a more dramatic warming effect, though one should reduce the overall concentration of essential oil in these blends to 5% or less.
- The fragrance is comforting and stimulating and may be applied to the bottoms of the feet, or elsewhere on the body when diluted in a carrier oil
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.