Oregano Organic Essential Oil
Oregano Organic Essential Oil - Pure, Therapeutic Grade.
Botanical Name: Origanum Compactum Benth
Plant Part: Herb
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a strong aroma, Oregano Essential Oil has a powerful, spicy, camphorous scent.
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, dark grey liquid.
Certified Organics: This Certified Organic Oil is QAI Certified. The National Organic Program develops, implements, and administers national production, handling, and labeling standards for organic agricultural products. The QAI also accredits the certifying agents (foreign and domestic) who inspect organic production and handling operations to certify that they meet USDA standards.
ABOUT THE PLANT
Oregano is a common garden plant with a strong aroma when the leaves are bruised. Native to Europe, Oregano is now cultivated all over the world, including the USA, India and South America. The oil is mainly produced in Russia, Bulgaria and Italy.
ABOUT THE OIL
You can smell this oil's power from the first moment the bottle is opened–the aroma is quite in-tense. According to some aromatherapists, the essential oil may be best used when a strong response to microbes or fungus is needed; it has a broad spectrum of anti-microbial action in laboratory research.
Oregano Essential Oil Uses
direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
massage, compress, skincare
Apply oil topically to the bottom of the feet; if applied elsewhere, dilute 1:50 in carrier oil.
Essential oils tend to be metabolized fairly rapidly in the body–most of the time–the best use is small amounts, frequently. Do not simply ingest directly from the bottle (it will burn the inside of one's mouth!). Note that Oil of Oregano processed for ingestion found in health food stores is this same essential oil, typically diluted in Olive oil, then capsulated.
- Oregano has a strong, herbaceous, camphoraceous aroma.
- Oregano blends well with: Basil Oil, Geranium Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Myrtle Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Thyme Oil.
- Dermal toxin, skin irritant, mucous membrane irritant. Avoid during pregnancy.
- Do not use on children under 2 years old.
- Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
- VERY POWERFUL – dilute 50:1 for skin application; avoid contact to mucous membranes and do not use on hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin.
- More is not better with oil of Oregano! It is VERY potent, and only a small amount is needed at one time. Be aware of how your body is responding. The French aroma–medical literature advises refraining from long term use due to possible undesirable changes in liver metabolism.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.