Tea Tree Organic Essential Oil (China)
TEA TREE Organic Essential Oil (China)
Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
Terpinen-4-ol: minimum 30%
Plant Part: Leaves and Twigs
Processing Method: Steam Distillation
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: Tee Tree has a fresh, slightly medicinal scent with characteristic woody, camphoraceous notes / Middle note / Medium aroma.
Certified Organics: This Organic Oil is NOP Certified. The National Organic Program develops, implements, and administers national production, handling, and labeling standards for organic agricultural products. The QAI also accredits the certifying agents (foreign and domestic), who inspect organic production and handling operations to certify that they meet USDA standards.
Tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of the tea tree using the process of steam distillation. It is known for its being effective in treating infectious diseases. This oil differs from the tea oil that is extracted from the tea seed and is also a popular essential oil. It has antiseptic, antimicrobial, antiviral, bactericide, fungicide, insecticide, expectorant, and stimulant properties.
About Tea Tree: Melaleuca alternifolia is the tea tree botanical name from the Myrtaceae family. The tree is originated in Australia. This tree is also known as ti-tree, melasol and t-trol. This tree can grow up to 20 feet high.
Tea Tree oil: The oil is obtained from the leaves of the tree. It is one of the most powerful essential oil that helps boost the immune system against fugal, viral and bacterial infections. This oil is used in manufacturing cleaning products.
- Tea Tree oil strengthens the defensive Qi. It is quite useful for dispersing wind cold conditions.
- The strong, bittersweet spiciness of Tea Tree essential oil invigorates the heart and mind, uplifting the spirit and building confidence. It is recommended for physically delicate individuals who struggle not only with their bodies, but with the feelings of victimization and doom that often accompany chronic ill–health.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, steam inhalation
- Inhale for psychological and respiratory benefits.
- massage, compress, bath, sitz bath, douche, liniment, skincare
- Tea Tree has the wonderful property of effectively fighting infections without harming tissues.
- It can be used 'neat' (undiluted) for cuts and scrapes. Try putting a dab of Tea Tree on a spot of acne to help to clear it up.
- Mix Tea Tree oil with Lavender 1:1 for a soothing, natural antibacterial topical application for children.
- As an insect repellent, apply drops to exposed areas.
- Dilute in water for a mouth rinse or for other sensitive areas.
- Tea Tree by itself isn't a good skin penetrator. Adding oils rich in cineole and limonene to the blend will help with skin penetration.
- Tea Tree essential oil is particularly effective at targeting Candida infections in many regions of the body: Vaginal suppositories can be 'spiked' with a small amount of the oil.
- Can be taken internally. In incidences of 'Thrush', where Candida fungus has infected the throat, it is recommended to take one drop at a time 3x a day until the infection subsides.
- This Tea Tree essential oil has a fresh, pungent and herbaceous top note, a slightly spiced medicinal and camphoraceous middle note and a balsamic, earthy undertones.
- Tea Tree essential oil blends well with: geranium, clary sage, lavender, lemon, myrrh, rosemary, rosewood and thyme.
- Generally non-toxic but may cause skin sensitization in some individuals. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
- Potential for Skin Irritation: Medium (some people have no reaction to tea tree directly on the skin, while others have extreme reactions–please exercise caution).
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, please consult a physician before use.
- Oxidized Tea Tree oil can cause slow healing and extensive chemical burns when applied to the skin. Be sure to keep your oil in dark bottles away from light.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANT: All Essentially You Oils products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. See Disclaimer.